Earth Day is is here. Tonight, organizers set up a night time a bike ride encouraging creative ways to make yourself seen. My daughter wanted to wear my LED vest and assumed it was just a matter of lighting it up. Needless to say, the iOS app crashed. Considering I never tested it out with iOS 10.3, it was high time to start troubleshooting.
Because of the fact I used the objective-C BLE libs, the crash precipitated the move 100% swift solutions. For the purpose of this exercise, I forked the current the swift version and patched it to use XCGLogger, compiled it for swift 3.0, and added a couple of delegates for my own app. The changes can be found at the forked site.
Incidentally, the crash was attributed parsing JSON results from a YML query to yahoo. The service URL changed and I cleaned up the code so it would not crash in the future should it change again.